fishing FISHING. Fishermen haul in their nets hoping for an early catch in the shoreline of the Sipalay Sugar Beach area* ( Ronnie Baldonado photo)

DAD SAYS
Bacolod SP ‘paralyzed'
pending budget okay
BY CHRYSEE SAMILLANO

The Bacolod Sangguniang Panlungsod will be paralyzed for 90 days until the 2016 annual budget of P1.8 billion is approved, Bacolod Councilor Caesar Distrito said yesterday.

Distrito said this is because they will be constrained by the provision of the Local Government Code to only discuss the annual budget at the start of the budget year until it is approved.

What will be affected are the budget of the barangays, important ordinances and resolutions that need to be passed, among others. All these things will be set aside until they can approve the annual budget, he said. moremoremore

Vice guv admits ‘reservations' in
purchase of P225-M land
BY GILBERT BAYORAN

Vice-Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson yesterday admitted that he has “reservations” about the purchase by the provincial government of P225 million worth of land in Talisay City, Negros Occidental.

Lacson, who was not present during the approval by the Sangguniang Panlalawigan of the purchase of P485 million worth of land in Talisay and Bacolod cities on Dec. 16 last year, said Gov. Alfredo Marañon Jr. may have his reasons for wanting to buy properties.

The SP had passed a resolution authorizing Marañon to enter into a contract with owners of land in Brgy. Mansilingan, Bacolod City, and in Brgy. Matab-ang, Talisay City. moremoremore

 

Top Stories
button Bacolod SP ‘paralyzed' pending budget okay
button Vice guv admits ‘reservations' in purchase of P225-M land
button Mall goers urged: Follow safety rules
button Ex-BTAO head says he's not to blame for traffic enforcers not working

button Crimes in Bacolod down 33.8%
button Medical oxygen plant not operating

Negros Oriental
button 17 die of dengue in NegOr
button Cops seize ‘shabu', gun in buy-bust operation
button NFA assures enough rice

Business
button Parts of Visayan Sea remain off-limits to commercial fishing
button City assessor uses old rates in RPT estimate
button Riyadh-based car company offers job to skilled workers

Sports
button ‘O.N.E. in Juan'sportsfest gathers Salesian Family
button Bowling action resumes at NSL
button KMH kegfest blasts off Jan. 26
button Kiteboarding event set in Boracay


Advertise | Archives

And the plunder
cases march on
China's invasion
Poland: Backsliding Furiously
New Year
A magnificent,
beautiful prayer
TIGHT ROPE
WITH MODESTO P. SA-ONOY
Case vs. DAR



17 die of dengue in NegOr
BY JUANCHO GALLARDE

Dengue has claimed 17 lives in Negros Oriental in 2015, with 2,055 cases reported from different health units, compared to only 1,460 in 2014, with nine casualties, or a 41 percent increase.

This was contained in a year-end report submitted by Dr. Socrates Villamor, provincial team leader of the Department of Health in Negros Oriental, to the Regional Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit.

Of the 17 deaths, three came from Bacong and Guihulngan, two each from Dumaguete City, Dauin and Tayasan, and one casualty each from Bindoy, La Libertad, Mabinay, Pamplona and Valencia.moremoremore