Daily starNegros Oriental
Front Page
Negros Oriental
Star Business
Opinion
Sports
Police Beat
Star Life
People & Events
Eguide
Events
Schedules
Obituaries
Congratulations
Classified Ads
 
Dumaguete City, PhilippinesThursday, May 2, 2013
Negros Oriental
ButtonBallots delivered
Button‘No election violence in Negros Oriental’
Button
PNoy informed wrongly on P480M calamity funds
Button
‘Wide tax base can aid LGUs’

Ballots delivered
BY JUDY F . PARTLOW

The official ballots for the May 13 elections were delivered to the towns and cities of Negros Oriental yesterday, except to Valencia town.

The delivery of the ballots by the 2GO cargo forwarder was done simultaneously on five delivery vans, starting 6 a.m., and escorted by the police in marked vehicles. They were received by the city or town treasurers and election officers.

Dumaguete City elections officer Jerome Brillantes said no untoward incident was reported during the transport and delivery of the official ballots. He also said these will be stored at the city or town treasurer’s office until they are sent a day or two ahead of the elections to their assigned voting precincts.

‘No election violence in
Negros Oriental’

BY JUDY F . PARTLOW

The Philippine National Police in Negros Oriental announced yesterday that, so far, there had been no confirmed election-related violent incidents, or ERVIs, in the province.

Senior Supt. Noli Romana, director of the Negros Oriental Police Provincial Office, issued the statement after three shooting incidents was recorded – one each in the first and third districts of the province and one in Dumaguete City – since the start of the election period on January 13.

Romana said the reports are conflicting and the police have to establish whether these are ERVIs, adding that the reports of the police and the media are different.

GUV SAYS
PNoy informed wrongly
on P480M calamity funds

Negros Oriental Gov. Roel Degamo said President Benigno Aquino was fed with the wrong information on the use of the P480 million calamity funds in the province.

During Aquino’s campaign sorties in Negros Oriental, he delivered a strong accusation that the P480 million calamity funds he released for the province was misused and that only 10 percent of the amount was actually used to repair the damage caused by typhoon Sendong.

In his speech, Aquino also said that proper administrative charges are now being prepared against those responsible for the misuse.

back to top

Front Page | Opinion | Negros Oriental | Business | Sports
Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise
 
 Email: visayandailystar@yahoo.com