The American citizen, charged for the alleged rape of the 12-year-old daughter of his live-in partner, may be extradited to the Philippines, Supt. Armando Tubongbanua, Bacolod police Special Operations Group chief, said yesterday.
This is because there is an existing extradition treaty between the Philippines and the US, Tubongbanua said.
An agent of the US Federal Bureau of Investigation, who came to Bacolod to verify the charges, left for Manila yesterday and had already gathered information and documents related to the rape charges against the American suspect who in the United States.
The agent met with the BCPO Women and Children’s Complaints Desk and the victim on Wednesday.
Tubongbanua said the minor is now undergoing rehabilitation with the Bantay Bata 163 Negros, and the City Department of Social Welfare and Development.
The police failed to serve the warrant of arrest for six counts of rape, issued by Regional Trial Court, Branch 43 Judge Philadelfa Agraviador on June 25 this year, to the 59-year-old suspect, a retired government employee, when he was still in Bacolod, Tubongbanua said.
For the six counts of rape, Agraviador denied him bail on one of the cases, and set P200,000 each for three of them, and P150,000 each for the other two, records show.
The foreigner allegedly raped the minor several times in 2011. He also has two pending rape cases in the US, one of which involved his own minor daughter, Tubongbanua added.*SGG