Daily Star logoNegros Oriental
Dumaguete City, PhilippinesFriday, November 9, 2012
Front Page
Negros Oriental
Star Business
Police Beat
Star Life
People & Events
Classified Ads
DOH confirms P100M
for hospital building

The existence of the Statement of Allocation and Release Order for the P100 million funds for the construction of the Central Block Building at the Negros Oriental Provincial Hospital was confirmed yesterday by Estella Baccay of the Department of Health Central Visayas.

Baccay told the Sangguniang Panlalawigan that the SARO, dated May 2, 2012, and received by the DOH 7 on June 14, was issued by DOH Secretary Enrique Ona and will be implemented by the Department of Public Works and Highways.

The funds will be downloaded after the signing of the memorandum of agreement, Baccay said, adding that the DPWH and the Provincial Engineers Office will have to agree on the project to be implemented since the scope of work for the Central Block will be submitted by the PEO.

Maelene Jimenez of the PEO said they will need two weeks to prepare the scope of work.

Baccay said the Department of Budget and Management has informed the DOH 7 in a memorandum that the deadline for the SARO is December 31, 2012.

She said that, if the DOH fails to use the amount, it will be reverted to the national coffers as unused allocated funds.

Majority of the SP members, who invited Baccay to their session to confirm the availability of funds, supported the suggestion of Board Member Saleto Erames to immediately use the funds for the construction of the four-storey Central Block building.

He added that politics should be set aside, because it will only cause too much delay in the implementation of the project.

The P100 million had been promised by the DOH during the term of the late Gov. Emilio Macias II.

Gov. Roel Degamo said he asked for authority from the SP to negotiate for a P350 million loan from the Development Bank of the Philippines for the Central Block, after his requests for a DOH certification on the P100 million were not acted upon.

Rep. Jocelyn Limkaichong (Neg. Or., 1st District) had insisted earlier that the funds had been downloaded to the region, and that Ona promised another P100 million next year.

Rep. Pryde Henry Teves (Neg. Or., 3rd District) also questioned the loan application of the province, since funds are already available.

Degamo had said then that he saw no transmittal or certification from the DOH confirming the availability of the P100 million.*MA

back to top

Negros Oriental
ButtonP22 wage hike approved
ButtonDOH confirms P100M for hospital building
Search for outstanding ‘Dumaguetnon’ launched
‘NHA vows payment of lot for low-cost housing project’
ButtonArmy joins peace run in Neg.Or.