The daughter of slain Kabankalan Regional Trial Court Judge Henry Arles yesterday said that the investigations being conducted by the police and National Bureau of Investigations show that the cause of her father’s death is slowly “getting clearer.”
Maria Estelita Arles, however, said they do not want to reveal the results to the public, as the investigation is still ongoing.
“We have the procedures, law and rules, which we have to follow,” Ma. Estelita said.
Task Group Arles recently released the facial sketches of the three gunmen and two “look-outs” involved in the killing of the Judge in Ilog, Negros Occidental, on April 24.
The National Bureau of Investigation is looking into the possible involvement of an influential clan in southern Negros who allegedly hired the services of local assassins for the killing of Arles.
Supt. Calixto Mabugat, Kabankalan police chief, said numerous witnesses helped them in coming out with the facial sketches of the three gunmen who were spotted with two other “look-outs” in the vicinity of the Kabankalan RTC, before the shooting incident.
Task Force Arles was reported to have accomplished 30 percent of its investigations so far, 45 days after Judge Arles, 62, was gunned down by three suspects in Brgy. Manalad, Ilog.
In an interview with MBC Aksyon Radyo, Ma. Estelita said they are satisfied with the investigation being conducted by the Task Force Arles and NBI.
The Arles family is offering a P1 million reward for the arrest and conviction of the suspects, on top of the P200,000 being offered by the Philippine Judges Association.
Gov. Alfredo Marañon Jr. yesterday said the Arles family is being assisted in the investigation on the death of the judge but he cannot disclose information provided him on the progress of the investigation.* GPB