1 killed, 5 hurt in shooting,
stabbing incidents: police
One was killed and five were injured in shooting and stabbing incidents in Silay City and Binalbagan town, Negros Occidental, Sunday.
The police identified the fatality as Fritz Moreño, 25, of Bago City, Negros Occidental, who succumbed to two stab wounds in his chest while being treated at the Teresita Jalandoni Provincial Hospital.
Investigation showed that Moreño and Marlon Conde, 22, of Brgy. Rizal, Silay City were at the Moroy’s Videoke bar located at the national highway in Brgy. 2 at about 1 a.m. when they had a misunderstanding with the group of Glenn Salcedo, 22, who reportedly stabbed them, the police said.
Salcedo, who was arrested after the incident claimed he only pacified the commotion between his group and the victims and that he had nothing to do with the stabbing, the police added.
Emil Rio of Tresfuentes, Silay City, was also shot by “alias Ronel Borce” with an improvised firearm or “sulapak” at about 2 a.m. inside the bar.
An unidentified suspect, meanwhile, slashed the neck of Benjo Montero, who was walking at the national highway in Brgy. 2, Silay, the police said.
Montero is now confined at the TJPH while the Silay police are still working on the identity of the suspect and the motive for the incident.
In Binalbagan, Johnrey, 29, and Rodney, 48, both surnamed Cesar and residents of Hacienda Pula in Brgy. San Pedro, were shot by their neighbor Alejandro Hilado, the police said.
Johnrey sustained a gunshot wound in the back, while Rodney was hit in his left arm. They were both rushed to the Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital in Bacolod, where they are now confined, Senior Insp. Albert Sy, Binalbagan town police chief, said.
Sy said Hilado got mad when Johnrey asked for payment of the watch that the suspect got from him.
He added that Hilado shot the policemen who tried to arrest him. The suspect is armed and dangerous as he is reportedly in possession of a .45 caliber, a 9-millimeter pistol, and a .38 caliber revolver, Sy added.*APN
Brgy. tanod nabbed
for sexual assault
A barangay tanod wanted for sexual assault of a minor child, was apprehended at about 8:30 p.m. Sunday in a barangay in Bacolod City.
The suspect, 51, whose name the police withheld, was nabbed by members of the Warrant and Subpoena Section, led by Senior Insp. Charles Gever.
Gever said the suspect has an arrest warrant issued by Regional Trial Court Judge Philadelfa Pagapong Agraviador, who set his bail at P180,000.
In an interview, the suspect said the charges were filed by the parents of his 8-year-old neighbor. He said that sometime last year, he scolded the child and several others, who were playing at the barangay hall, but he did not sexually assault her.
The suspect added that he and the child’s parents agreed to meet at their barangay hall but he said he was surprised to see the policemen arrive and arrest him.*APN