NEG.OR. DOH SAYS
Dengue cases ‘alarming’
BY JUDY F. PARTLOW
The Department of Health in Negros Oriental is appealing to the public to help curtail the rising number of dengue cases in the province and to prevent an epidemic.
Describing it as already alarming, Dr. Socrates Villamor, provincial DOH chief, said Wednesday that as of July 7, the total number of dengue cases reported since January this year has doubled compared to the same period last year.
The cases reported by the three hospitals in Dumaguete totaled 453, while only 226 were reported in the same period in 2011 or a 100.44 percent increase in dengue admission, Villamor said.