A photographer was electrocuted and died yesterday at his house in Brgy. Cabug, while in Brgy. Alijis, Bacolod City, the 10-year-old boy who was electrocuted with his parents died at the hospital yesterday four days after his mother passed away.
Geo Dulca, 10, of ACCO Village, Brgy. Alijis died at about 10 a.m. yesterday after six days of being in serious condition at the Intensive Care Unit of the Bacolod Adventist Hospital. He succumbed to burns he had sustained, Police Officer 3 Lyndon Ortonio, case investigator said.
Dulca's mother Grace, 40, died at about 10 p.m. at the ICU of the same hospital Monday from severe burns, Ortonio said.
Geo and his mother were electrocuted when they tried to rescue his father, Gary Dulca, 40, who got electrocuted at about 11 p.m. Saturday while hanging a wet shirt on a laundry line attached to a tree where there was a live wire.
Central Negros Electric Cooperative's safety engineer Rey Suala who investigated the incident, found out that the electrical connection hanging from the tree where the Dulcas' laundry line was attached, is illegal.
Roel Venus, also of CENECO, is urging the people to report illegal connections in their areas so they could take action against it.
Venus also warned those involved in illegal electrical connections that they will be charged for violation of Republic Act 7832 or the Anti-Electric pilferage act of 1994.
Station 9 commander, Chief Insp. Placido Gentoleo also reported the electrocution of Miguelino Cañete, 75, of Purok Torecampo, Brgy Cabug, a photographer at about 12 noon yesterday.
Cañete was cooking food when the wires of his electric stove had a short circuit electrocuting and killing him instantly.*APN