The libel case filed against a block-timer of a radio station in Dumaguete City by a local businessman, docketed under Criminal Case No. 2012-21226, is scheduled for preconference on September 12, and pre-trial on Oct. 9, 2012.
This was after broadcaster Joinny Cahilog, also known as Rex Santos, and complainant Mark Gobonseng, refused the attempt of Regional Trial Court Branch 38 Judge Cenon Voltaire Repollo for them to amicably settle their differences in yesterday's arraignment.
The complaint, Santos pleaded not guilty to the offense, claiming there was no malice when he criticized Gobonseng in his commentaries.
Raymund Mercado, counsel for Gobonseng, said they have more than enough evidence to prove their case.
He said that Santos maligned Gobonseng and his wife, Nicane, through attacks in the radio program “Kandos”, regarding a drug raid that occurred earlier this year inside the “Ang Barko” establishment in Barangay Looc, Dumaguete City.
“Ang Barko” is owned by the Gobonsengs.
Santos, known for his hard-hitting commentaries, claimed he was only criticizing and asking questions as to why Gobonseng would not allow operatives of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency and the Philippine National Police to enter the pension house where reported drug personalities had been spotted by informants.*JG
back to top