The Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp. has discontinued its remittance of the PAGCOR fund share of the Negros Occidental provincial government to the non-government organization, Pag-Ugyon Negros Foundation, in compliance with a new directive from the Commission on Audit.
Cristino Naguiat Jr., PAGCOR chairman and chief executive officer, informed the Sangguniang Panlalawigan members of this in a letter, in response to their request for the release of a portion of the income share of the Negros Occidental provincial government as host to its casinos, directly to Pag-ugyon Negros Foundation.
The COA, in a memorandum dated Aug. 22, 2011, directed that all host areas’ income shares be remitted to the city or provincial treasurers’ offices for proper control and monitoring, he said.
In view of this, Naguiat said, all PAGCOR remittances to Pag-Ugyon Negros Foundation are henceforth discontinued.
“We shall resume the release of the amount directly to the provincial treasurer, after your submission of all pending Fund Utilization Reports of the previously released amounts. Thereafter, such reports shall be submitted to the COA office assigned to the province of Negros Occidental,” Naguiat added.
On June 8, 2011 PAGGOR had released a P1 million check to Pag-ugyon Negros Foundation Inc.
The monthly income share of the province from PAGCOR is P500,000.
Naguiat, in a letter to Gov. Alfredo Marañon Jr. on March 30, 2011 also said PAGCOR could not grant his request for an increase in the monthly share of the province from P500,000 to P1.4 million.
“We regret to inform you that, based on the performance of our gaming facilities in your area, we cannot grant your request for an increase at this time,” Naguiat said.*CPG