School Pupils at the Rizal Elementary School in Bacolod City get busy as classes start.*
(Andy Alvarez photo)


Father of hazing victim
giving 7 second chance
BUT PURSUING RAPS VS. 4 FRATERNITY MEMBERS
BY CARLA GOMEZ

The father of 18-year-old Guillo Cesar Servando, who died after a hazing incident in June last year, yesterday said he is in the process of filing an affidavit of desistance against seven of the 14 accused in his son's death.

“As a father, I also feel their pain. I see that they were mostly misguided and they could still contribute to society that's why I want to give them a second chance,” Aurelio Cesar “Taboy” Jalbuena Servando of Bacolod told the DAILY STAR.

But even if he files an affidavit of desistance, it will be the prosecutor and the judge who will decide whether the charges against them will be dropped, he said. moremoremore

Bacoleño gets life
for shabu sale

A Bacolod resident was sentenced yesterday to life imprisonment for the sale of shabu worth P200 in a buy-bust operation.

Bacolod Regional Trial Court Branch 47 Judge Therese Blanche Bolunia sentenced Gerald Cordova, alias Bobot, after finding him guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

Cordova was arrested by the B acolod City Anti-illegal Drugs Special Operations Task Group in a buy-bust operation in Purok Sigay, Barangay 2, Bacolod in April 2005, ABS-CBN reported. moremoremore

 

Top Stories
button Father of hazing victim giving 7 second chance
button Bacoleño gets life for shabu sale
button AFP names new 303 IB commander
button Influx of late enrollees seen

button ‘Irritation' spurs jail stabbing

Negros Oriental
button No authority for vice guv, dads to use service vehicles: PLO
button DOH asked anew to release P100 million hospital funds
button BBL forum Thursday

Business
button KEPCO working to restore power supply to Negros
button Stall owners continue opposition to Manokan Country privatization
button Fuel price adjustments not enough – UNDOC
button Game fowl from US undergo quarantine

Sports
button New format improves PHL's chance of winning SEAG volleyball medal
button Paras leads team in FIBA 3x3


Advertise | Archives
Twinkling
Grace – a city on a hill
And the saga continues
What Sugar Bloc?
Our Trinitarian life
TIGHT ROPE
WITH MODESTO P. SA-ONOY
New sugar industry - 3



No authority for vice guv, dads
to use service vehicles: PLO
BY JUANCHO GALLARDE

Without memorandum receipts, provincial officials, including the governor, the vice governor and members of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan, no longer have authority to possess or use the vehicles issued to their offices, Provincial Legal Officer Richard Inojo said.

This was after Board Member Rommel Erames said called “illegal” the executive order of Gov. Roel Degamo, ordering the confiscation of service vehicles issued to SP members.

Inojo said that if Vice Gov. Edward Mark Macias, and Board Members Mariant Escano Villegas, Jessica Villanueva, Peve Ligan, Edmund Dy and Georgita Martinez believe the EO is illegal, they can bring the matter to court.moremoremore